Grow Here – Learn How
You can grow in every way in your personal and spiritual life as a follower of Jesus Christ! This is a bold statement, but it is possible and the Bible provides you with everything you need to do it. The purpose of this website is to help you discover what God’s Word teaches and show you ways you can apply His truth to your life. When you do that it will change you and launch you on an incredible journey with Him.
Some of the things you will learn here include:
- How you can grow in a relationship with God and His Son Jesus Christ. This will enable you to experience the fullness of His love, forgiveness of all your sin and eternal life.
- How you can grow in the Word of God. The Bible is the source of all truth and relevant to your life today, so it is important to your spiritual development. Love it. Learn it. Live it.
- How you can grow in the Holy Spirit, the source of power for all believers. As you let Him flow in your life you will discover the unique spiritual gifts He has given you. He will also work His power in you to enable you to walk out the truths you learn in the Word.
- How you can grow as an integral part the Church (assembly) of Jesus Christ. The true church is not a building, an institution or religion. It is a living organism, a community of love, worship, and service. It is the Body of Christ, where He is the literal head and He leads us and builds us together to do His work. The gates of hell can not stand against the church Jesus builds. The darkness will be defeated.
The Site Name – Grow in Every Way
The site name is based on a scripture verse in Ephesians 4:15 where the apostle Paul gives the church in Ephesus some basic instruction on two key issues: (1) what church leaders are called to do (equip believers for the work of the ministry i.e. serving), (2) priorities that members of the church should establish. (Read the entire text in context here: Ephesians 4:11-16.)
One of the priorities given to us in the church is (vs. 15) “we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ”. As we speak the truth in love, it will cause us to grow in every way and become more and more like Christ.
My goal is to make every effort to fulfill that verse. Sometimes the truth will hit you” between the eyes” and pierce your heart. Now that can be very difficult to face. You get this negative feeling inside you. It is known as “conviction”. It’s not the absence of God’s love, but rather His love being revealed to you through the truth you learn. It’s learning the truth that exposes a weakness in your life. The good news is that God’s Holy Spirit can give you the power to overcome your weakness and help you walk in His truth. It occurs through a process the Bible calls repentance. You acknowledge your sin (weakness) to God and He helps you change. For this reason, I will sometimes be very bold with what I share because I believe God’s people desperately need to hear uncompromised truth today.
Check This Out
- What is salvation? What does it mean to be born again? How do you give your life to Jesus Christ? Why do you need to do that? Find out here.
- How can you make a life power connection with God? Discover how here.
Are You Done with the Institutional Church?
I am. I even used to work for it for a few decades, but I’m out and I’m not going back. What I am looking for now is organic church. That’s a gathering of believers who make up what the Bible calls the body of Jesus Christ, functioning in their spiritual gifts under His Headship. It’s not an organization that meets to do religious things. It’s the real Jesus present in His people, freely able to minister to their needs as He sees fit through anyone He chooses.
I have added a new section to this website to promote organic church. Reading the content will help you understand how to be part of the Body of Christ and function in it. This will help you grow in every way, so it is relevant to what we are trying to learn here.
To introduce you to this new feature you can read Done With Church – Are You? and learn about my experience. Then you can follow that up with my mini book, Radical for His Church. These can help you if you are struggling with the whole modern concept of church like I was, or if you have already made your departure.
Do You Live in the Mitchell, SD area?
Do you live in or near Mitchell and are looking for a relationship with other believers that are done with the institutional church? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s arrange a time to meet up and discuss it. I’m not trying to start a traditional church. Been there, done that. I want to promote Christians gathering together as an extended family to love God, serve one another, and reach out to those who don’t know Him. Be sure to read the content and also Done With Church and Radical for His Church. That way you’ll have a better understanding of what I’m talking about.